The venue for this trip is Rovaniemi’s Santa Park, where Santa and his elves spend their days making toys and getting ready for Christmas. The huge underground grotto is made up of fairy-lit walkways, colourful workshops and festive shopping stalls, so there’s lots to explore.
Children can enrol in Elf School, where they’ll be taught elf words and learn how to walk like one of Santa’s little helpers. They can also decorate cookies in Mrs Claus’ kitchen, and take a short train ride through the elves’ headquarters. Another attraction here is the Ice Gallery, where the Ice Princess tells tales about the frozen sculptures. The real highlight, though, is meeting Santa in person. Little ones will get a Christmas present from him, and you can have a family photo taken.
It’s not all about indoor fun, either. When you’re ready to play in the snow, you’ll be given all the necessary clothing before taking a short walk through the forest to the outdoor activity area. Then, you’re free to take advantage of everything from husky sleigh rides to snowmobile driving. You’ll meet Santa’s reindeer, too. Plus, if you start to feel the chill, you can warm up with a hot berry juice around an open fire.
Finally, when you’re feeling hungry, lunch is served in a pretty open-plan restaurant at the heart of the grotto. Time it right and you can watch the elves put on a show while you eat. For a full rundown of what’s in store, take a look at the itinerary. It’s worth noting, the day is yours to enjoy at your own pace, and you can do the activities in whatever order you like.
Santa’s Secret Grotto highlights
- Return charter flights with Transfer to/from resort
- Warm over garments, boots, socks, balaclava and mittens
- Lappish passport as a souvenir
- Snowmobile rides and mini skidoo driving
- Sledging and husky dog sleigh rides
- Visit Santa's Post Office where you can post all your letters
- Biscuit decorating at Mrs. Santa Claus' Bakery
- Arctic storytelling
- Meet Santa Claus
- Hop onboard Santa Park's train and discover what happens behind the scenes in Santa's toy factory
- Graduate at Santa's Elf school and receive a certificate
- Transfer back to the airport with Santa's Elves
Any departure airports with a s
symbol is an offer.
There are currently no offers for this trip.